Strawberries are among the most loved and healthy fruits of the season. The antioxidant properties they hold are related to their bright red color. Did you know that 100 grams of strawberries have only 32 kcal? You can easily include them in weight control diets as a snack or eat at breakfast!
“A 100g portion of strawberries provides you with all the vitamin C needs. It works in the repair of the body’s tissues (skin, tendons, ligaments, bones) and protects us from the harmful effects of free oxygen radicals involved in the development of certain serious diseases such as cancer , arthritis and cardiovascular disease
Strawberries contain bioactive compounds such as elagic acid, anthocyanin, catechin or quercetin, with an antioxidant role. They reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease by inhibiting LDL cholesterol oxidation or stabilizing the atheroma plate
Here’s what other health benefits strawberries have
- Strawberry is a good source of vitamin B5, B6, C, K, manganese, potassium, dietary fiber, phytonutrients and antioxidants that help neutralize free radicals.
- Antioxidants and phytochemicals present in the stomach composition help to lower inflammation in the body and help fight certain inflammatory conditions such as osteoarthritis, asthma, atherosclerosis.
- At the same time strawberry salicylic acid is beneficial for those who suffer from gout, rheumatism or arthritis.
- These fruits are rich in anthocyanins that fight oxidative stress and prevent early aging.
- Strawberries are the ideal diets for weight loss because it stimulates metabolism and increases the fat burning capacity. Strawberries do not contain sodium, fat, and have a low calorie content. 100 grams of strawberries contain 32 calories. Biotin content is involved in the metabolism of sugar and fat.
Strawberries – Health Benefits
- Besides the delicious taste, they are sour and contain over 50 substances beneficial to the human body. Their consumption is recommended for the proper functioning of the heart and blood circulation, maintaining the elasticity of the vessels. Strawberries contain potassium in average, known mineral for its positive effect in blood pressure regulation. In addition, strawberries help reduce bad cholesterol (LDL) in the blood, thus reducing the risk of hypertension.
- Glucids in the straws are made up of xylitol, fructose and sorbitol, substances that get hard in the blood, insulin and glycemic levels remaining within normal limits. Also, since strawberry-containing fibers slow down the absorption of blood sugars, they are also indicated to be consumed in type 2 diabetes, but with moderation.
- Strawberries also contain fiber, beneficial in maintaining a healthy digestive system and in preventing constipation.
- Consuming these fruits may reduce the risk of degenerative diseases. Because they contain abundant folic acid, strawberries are beneficial to replenish the reserves of folic acid in the body. These are necessary to prevent the occurrence of atherosclerosis, vascular disease or even the decline of cognitive function.
- At the same time, elagic acid contained in strawberry promotes the elasticity of the skin, preventing it from becoming flaky.
- “Strawberries have many beneficial effects for the body and recommend them to be consumed mainly in the season because the nutritional value is superior”